Hearty Vegetable Stew
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth or enough to cover the vegetables
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into ¼" slices
- 2 stalks of Celery cut into large pieces
- 2 Potatoes peeled and cut into large cubes and par-boiled
- 1 cup Pearl Onions peeled
- 2 large Portobello Mushrooms stems removed and cut into 1" pieces
- ⅛ cup Peas
- ½ cup Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1-2 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon GravyMaster®
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large stock pot, add the oil over high heat.
- Add the vegetables that take the longest to cook first. I added the carrots, celery and then pearl onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season with the McCormick seasoning.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes, still on high heat.
- Add the broth and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan of salted water, add the potatos and boil until fork tender. Do not overcook, or they will break apart in your stew.
- Drain the potatos.
- Drain the vegetables using a hand strainer and remove them to a bowl, cover with foil to keep warm, reserving the broth in the stock pot.
- Combine an additional1/2 C of broth with flour and gravy master.
- Add this to the large stock pot with the hot broth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Boil the gravy until thickened.
- Add the vegetables back to the pot to warm through.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.